Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Strato-happiness

I'm back from a nice little session with one of my Strats...I just love it, it's one of the most versatile instruments around. I will take an old Gretsch or a Gibson Les Paul Black Beauty if anyone is giving one away, however. I'll even trade the demons straight up for one! And what a deal that is...unrelenting misery and hellish torment forevermore! Ahhh, just like a day lounging around the pool sipping an ice cold drink---only slightly different. Well, as they used to sing back in Cream "The only time I'm happy's when I play my guitar..." (from "N.S.U."--Eric Clapton, Jack Bruce and Ginger Baker were in this innovative band-waaaaaaaay back in the 60's.) Even I was too young to have seen them live. I'm just grateful no one decided to do a disco version of "Sunshine of Your Love"-for that I do believe there is a supreme being, although he didn't keep Pat Boone from doing his heavy metal album! I'm sure it's purty damn funny, but...

Sidebar on vagabonds, poets, troubadours, minstrels, mystics and black jack players;
How did Bob Dylan go from counter-cultural icon to that appearance in a Victoria's Secret commmerical? The answer my friend is "blowin' in the wind"...I know he doesn't need the money, so I imagine he was just wanting to add a little exotic experience to his life. Or he was wanting to rub shoulders (or something else) with the supermodels... The Times they are a Changin'.

Remember, the grass is always greener--until you water it with Absolute!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home