Tuesday, October 05, 2004

What a Difference a Day Makes...

or something...
Managed to get ahold of my ex and my son tonight, it was nice. As it turned out, there was no cold war, she had just been extremely sick and hadn't been too "with it" lately. They both were in good moods, a bit ringy actually-AND talkative. I'm glad I have a phonecard that's very cheap otherwise the call might've reached a little under national debt proportions! I neglected to mention that she has a little 2 year old daughter with yet another musician who she isn't with anymore. The child is quite boisterous and I guarantee you she will soon be able to break windows with her shrieks-or is that "shreks"? (ho and ho) Why couldn't I have had the foresight to invest in the "merch" properties of one of these kid's movies? So, all in all, it appears that things are okay on that front, which is a relief.

I'm on the cusp of the end of my weekend and am starting to get into that world weary "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go" mode. Did I ever mention that this life I'm leading is absolutely nothing like the one I had in mind for myself years ago? I haven't even set foot in my studio lately and just don't feel the inspiration to do so. I had the start of a beautiful pop-ish tune a week or so ago, but "lyrics block" happened and everything is a standstill. I checked out this dating site earlier and couldn't help but notice how many of the women are from New York--now that would be a long distance relationship! I was going to get serious about my diet this weekend and am doing the Chet Atkins diet (for guitarists this will be funny, for everyone else...huh?) . It's nothing but pizza and cookies n cream ice cream for a month, yes watch the pounds just melt off! Another important detail is the special funhouse mirror that you have to get. Oooh and la la bay--bee!Not one bid for my two demons(housebroken even!) on ebay...I'm getting disgusted.
over n out, Derek Ozelle

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home