Monday, November 15, 2004

Requiem for O.D.B...

Well, they say when the going gets strange, the weird get lost! Nothing like tuning in to CNN and see the anchor say completely deadpan "In other news today, Ol' Dirty Bastard of the rap group WuTang Clan died of a heart attack. Ol' Dirty Bastard was 35"...I can't say I've ever heard those three words put together on a TV news program. It was a bit like hearing Barbawa Wawa saying "skanky slut"...Now we have "serious" cable news shows doing parodies of SNL's weekend update or Jon Stewart's show? Is "bastard" even a word they can actually say on TV? I think they just okayed "breast" and "throbbing member" last year. I say if we have to endure shots of Dennis Franz's posterior on NYPD Blue, anything is fair game at this point! (Or was this just a rumor? I'm pleased to say I didn't witness it.) This just in, camels have invaded the Las Vegas city limits and have taken Celine Dion hostage. They are demanding Joe Camel be reinstated as the cigarettes mascot and Wednesdays officially renamed "Hump Day"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home