Thursday, March 03, 2005

Poems from "News of the Universe"

Here is a nice poem from a compilation I'm working my way through. It's on the "Ten books everybody should read because they're not remotely enlightened until they do" list by Tom Robbins. (author of "Another Roadside Attraction", "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues" and one of my favorites "Jitterbug Perfume")

I LIVE MY LIFE

I live my life in growing orbits,
which move out over the things of the world
Perhaps I can never achieve the last,
but that will be my attempt

I am circling around God, around the ancient tower
and I have been circling for a thousand years.
And I still don't know if I am a falcon,
or a storm, or a great song.

Rainer Maria Rilke / 1899

1 Comments:

Blogger Logic said...

This has a certain poignancy, doesn't it. It's almost haunting, and it hits close to home for us both, I think.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home